Protect your vehicle license plates and the registration tabs. Numerous license tabs are being stolen and resold because proof of insurance is required in order to apply for current registration.
- Check your license plate occasionally to ensure your current year license tab is attached
- If you have a build up of past year tabs remove them prior to adding the current year
- Once you attach the current sticker - slice an X or diagonal lines, with a sharp razor blade, through the year tab so the sticker will not come apart in one piece
- A sturdy metal frame bolted to the license plate will discourage thieves from cutting the corner off your license plate in order to steal the year sticker
- Be aware of people loitering near the rear of vehicles
- Call the police if you suspect criminal activity